The Phlebotomy training program at Healthcare Training Institute is a 90 hour course designed to provide students with the requisite skills to function as Phlebotomy technician in a healthcare setting. Students enrolled in this certification program will learn through lecture, demonstration and clinical experience among other procedures:
• Specimen collection, documentation and transportation
• Basic anatomy and physiology
• Use of laboratory test equipment and laboratory test requirements and policies.
Students who successfully complete the program will be eligible to write for national certification through the National Healthcareer Association.
PHLEBOTOMY PROGRAM ADMISSION/ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
To be admitted into the Phlebotomy program, prospective students must meet the following admission requirements:
• Must have a High School diploma or GED
• Must be at least 18 years of age with a valid Social Security card
• Paid non-refundable registration fees of $50 (applied towards tuition)
• Be able to read, write and speak English proficiently.
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
• Completed Physical forms must be on file
• Submit to a Criminal Background check
• Sign an agreement to disclose medical information
• Completed and signed enrollment forms and payment of tuition