ELECTROCARDIOGRAPHY TECHNICIAN PROGRAM
The Electrocardiograph (EKG) Technician Program at Healthcare Training Institute is a certification program designed to prepare the student for the role and responsibility of the EKG technician. Students will learn EKG procedures such as patient preparation, performing and mounting of 12 lead and how to monitor telemetry units among other procedures.
Upon successful completion at Healthcare Training Institute, students will be awarded a Certificate of Completion and will be eligible to sit for the National Certificate Exam given by the National Healthcareer Association.
EKG ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
To be admitted into the EKG Technician program, prospective students must meet the following admission requirements:
• Must be at least 18 years of age with a valid Social Security card
• Must have a High School diploma or GED
• Paid non-refundable registration fees of $50 (applied towards tuition)
• Be able to read, write and speak English proficiently.
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
• Completed Physical forms must be on file
• Submit to a Criminal Background check
• Sign an agreement to disclose medical information
• Completed and signed enrollment forms and payment of tuition